Bucket lists are an awesome concept. They give you a sort of push towards doing more things in life. But most people see themselves as too young to make a bucket list. And before you know it, life passes them by. I always wanted to do the bucket list thing after watching the movie of the same name, but figured as life goes on, my age may be a barrier to some things. Or sometimes some other factor (family, life in general, who knows…). So I figured, why not make a list for every 10-year milestone? After all, you never know which milestone may just be your last…(yes, slightly morbid, but realistic too). And that’s how this list was born.
I’m taking a big step with this. But I’ve been thinking, why not make an actual commitment out of the fact that I want to do 30 things before I turn 30? And not just things that are life goals…but things that make me genuinely happy. If it’s on here, I may actually get around to doing it all, hopefully.
I made this list before I turned 21(way back in October 2010), and as I did, the first thing on the list got crossed off. So through time since then, I’ve been trying to cross of some more things. Here’s the way the list stands today!
My 30 before 30 list (Part 1):
Get a tattoo. I actually got two! So far, I’m sticking to those many.
My tattoos <3
2. Get a dog.
3. Learn to play the guitar. At least one song, if not more.
Learn to cook, properly! It is a continuous process, but it has happened. And I love it!
My attempt at pretty chocolate cupcakes!
Visit Goa at least once. It deserves another proper visit, but once has happened. And it was divine :)
6. Experience and explore India. A land of wonders, there are places I still have to discover within it.
Go to Australia for my Masters. Already done with a whole year of it!
What I see on my walks everyday
through the street mall!
My uni, where I’ve met some of
the best people of my life.
8. Learn sign language properly. I know the basic two-handed alphabet of BSL. I’d like to learn more.
9. Go on a long trip/backpacking, with friends/alone (at least a couple of weeks). I’m hoping it’s at one of the foreign land locations!
Go to a live concert. David Guetta was definitely a great first concert to go to. But hands down, Coldplay was divine, and has made me infinitely happy!
Creamfields 2012, when the crowd was arriving.
David Guetta. Standing on his console, like a boss!
Coldplay at Suncorp Stadium. Yeah baby <3
11. Learn Spanish. It has always been a language that I have loved. And, I’m glad to say, I have finally begun with the learning!
12. Learn another foreign language. Maybe Italian, or Chinese even.
13. Read at least 50 novels, more if time permits. It shouldn’t be a point here, but then again…it should. My love for reading needs to be kept alive, and I always want to have a response to the statement ‘So, what are you reading right now?’
14. Do more discovering. About myself, people, places and cuisines. Just trying to find something new every month. I’ve realized that I love doing this, and it’s something absolutely wonderful to do. It gives me such happiness, and I try discovering things about all four things every month =)
15. Get out of my comfort zone, in as many ways as possible. Whether it’s the food that I usually eat, the drinks that I drink, the kind of people I make friends with, the way I feel about love, taking a risk and dating someone I’m scared of taking it to the next level with, or a blind date…Everything needs to be experimented with and explored. Something new may just surprise me, and work!