My 30 before 30 list (Part 2):
16. Learn how to ice-skate and go ice-skating at a beautiful place.
17. Buy myself an Apple product/something ridiculously expensive; with my own money. Yes, Apple products are under my ‘ridiculously expensive’ umbrella.
Live by the beach, for a few days at least! Gold Coast trip at Q1. But there’s got to be more, it was beautiful.
The beach at Gold Coast!
My legs with my weird feet. That Gold Coast beach was divine.
Go on a short trip with friends (maybe a couple of days or more). Gold Coast, Matheran, Goa. There’ve got to be more (clearly, I love travelling!)
What we see as we walk into the beautiful land.
There’s nothing like disconnecting from the busy world. And reconnecting with nature.
20. Gather travelling experiences. I know I will see Australia. I hope to see Spain, Italy, Brazil, France and New Zealand too. And if possible, to visit the countries that all my wonderful friends belong to!
21. Do volunteer work in a serious way. Always loved doing this…something very close to my heart.
Have at least 5 ads published. As a copywriter, I needed to have one of these on my list. With two dream hotel/resort clients while I worked in my first job, that wish came true!
First ad ever published!
23. Learn to ride a bicycle, someday! Yes, I’ve never had anyone to teach me. Either they were too busy, or they figured they didn’t need to. Instead, I taught myself to rollerblade. Hopefully, I’ll learn to cycle too someday.
24. Treat my family to something special; either all together, or just for each of them separately.
25. Get back in touch with writing, for the love of it. It’s happened. This blog is testament to that. But I won’t cross it out, lest I lose touch with it.
Go on a road trip. It’s something I cannot get enough of. Went on one to Byron Bay. I look forward to another few, and I’m calling shotgun on all of them!
27. Witness a meteor shower with someone/some people that matter. Or at least, see a shooting star! And yes, for the silly reason I want to make a wish on it, because my inner child believes it could come true.
28. See a sunset, and a sunrise – in that order – with someone who matters. Whether it’s a friend, or someone special (oh wait…there’s no reason that that someone can’t be both!), having a day that goes long into the night and continues till morning is a dream. Specially with the added bliss of star gazing *sigh*
29. Let my inner romantic live a little, and do something absolutely romantic. It’s something silly, I know. But I’ve been inspired to do this, and I hope to cross this off in the next few years! It could be anything, from being kissed in the rain, to dining by the beach – under the stars. A girl can dream, right?
30. Find someone who loves me for me, and who can deal with all the quirks I have. Falling in love, without losing myself, perhaps? This is probably going to be the difficult – if not impossible – one. But, as they say, if your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough. It can be an emotional challenge, but, one that is to be faced. Even if it doesn’t happen, what matters is that I tried.
This list contains all the (mostly) simple things my heart hopes and dreams for. But they are all a bit long term. It’s just a fun way to go through life, and I will hopefully love every moment of trying to cross off these things!
I also plan on making another list, which has things that are a bit more short term, and possibly, even more fun, and maybe even downright silly!
It’s a good practice, and I’d strongly suggest anyone reading this to consider making a list of their own. It doesn’t need to be over-ambitious, it doesn’t need to all be achievable even. It doesn’t even have to have a limit to it! What it needs to have is your heart. Both, in creating it…and in hoping it gets completed.